Winter Storm: Township Offices Closed as of 11 AM, Reminders to ResidentsPosted on February 18, 2021
A long-duration winter storm has begun with snow and sleet accumulation of 8 inches or more predicted for when it stops well into Friday. According to forecasters, snow will intensify later this morning and heavy snow will continue into the afternoon before it becomes lighter and changes to mixed precipitation. Please be advised:
All Montgomery Township municipal offices are close as of 11 AM this morning. Check back for Friday status.
The Montgomery Township Committee will meet at its regular time via Zoom at 7 p.m. tonight.
Reminders to residents:
- Parking on any street during snow emergencies is strictly prohibited by ordinance. Street parking impedes snow removal. We encourage all residents to avoid hazardous conditions and to stay off the road unless absolutely necessary.
- While widespread outages are not anticipated, be prepared – an icy mix and wind could bring down powerlines. Go to PSE&G Outage Center to report or get status on a power outage or view outage map at: https://nj.pseg.com/outageandgasleaks
- If a generator is put into use, keep it vented away from home.
- Make sure the exhaust vents to your furnace and hot water heater are clear of drifting snow.
- Be patient waiting for snow plows. Montgomery Public Works Dept. will clear roads as fast as possible.
- You can help by clearing snow 3 feet away from a fire hydrant in all directions, if one is near your property. This will aid responders in case of an emergency.
Read more Seasonal Winter Notices.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.