Storm Recovery Resources for Montgomery Residents – Update 8-06Posted on August 6, 2020
This is the latest update from PSE&G on power outages in Montgomery:
There are currently 1330 customers remaining out in Montgomery. There is one large outage (870 customers) that is estimated to be back by noon today.
- Potable water is available at the wheelchair ramp in front of the Montgomery Township Municipal Building [2261 Van Horne Road – Route 206 North, Belle Mead, NJ 08502]
- The Otto Kauffman Community Center [356 Skillman Rd, Skillman, NJ 08558] will be open as a cooling, charging, and internet connectivity center from 8 a.m. until 9 p.m. today (8/5) through Friday (8/7), Sat. (8/8) & Sun. (8/9) 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Residents must sign in with name, address, and phone number for contact tracing purposes, wear masks and socially distance. The phone system at OKCC is not working at present and awaiting repair.
- Public Works will begin a curbside brush pick-up Monday 8/10. Brush should be cut into 3-foot lengths and piled neatly next to the curb. It may take a week or more to complete a Township wide pick-up.
- Food can spoil quickly during warm weather power outages. Click here for food safety tips.
- To report Power Outage or Get Repair Status: Contact PSE&G at 1-800–436-PSEG (7734) or text OUT to 47734 to report power outages. To get repair status, text STAT to same 47734. Check PSEG’s Outage Map at: http://pseg.com/outagemap .