Landlord Emergency Grant ProgramPosted on August 19, 2020
Application Portal Open August 19th to 26th
The Small Landlord Emergency Grant (SLEG) Program can reimburse small residential rental property owners for lost rent revenue due to COVID-19 between April and July 2020. By passing the benefit on to their tenants and forgiving outstanding back rent and late fees, landlords will not only receive necessary funds to stay afloat, but will also continue to provide stable housing in what has become an unstable time.
The New Jersey Housing and Mortgage Finance Agency is proud to join the effort in providing much-needed relief to New Jerseyans who have felt the economic impacts of the COVID-19 public health emergency. NJHMFA recognizes there is a long road ahead and is dedicated to maintaining housing stability and the health of our communities.
One-third of program funds will be reserved for applicants who are registered in DCA’s RIMS database as individual or family owners. Qualified applicants must meet the following specifications:
- Owners with properties that have at least 3 but no more than 10 total housing units;
- Owners with properties that are not seasonal or vacation rentals;
- Properties must have current fire inspection certificates as of March 9, 2020;
- Owners of properties with at least one non-vacant rental unit impacted by COVID-19 between April and July 2020; and
- Owners with properties that have low- to moderate-income rent levels or rent based on up to 80% of the median area income.
Application Portal and more info at:
Please note that the application period begins August 19 at 9 AM and closed August 26 at 1 PM.