PSE&G Tips to Stay CoolPosted on July 30, 2015
PSE&G offers simple ways you can stay cool and safe as temperatures and humidity rise during the season’s third official heat wave.
We are also monitoring weather conditions and have additional personnel on hand to handle any power interruptions. Our call centers also have extra personnel on duty to speak with customers. And appliance service technicians stand ready to quickly respond to an influx of air conditioning repair calls.
Here are some easy steps you can take to stay cool, safe and save energy:
- Use a programmable thermostat to set air conditioners to your daily and weekend schedule. Consider setting air conditioners to 78 degrees, health permitting.
- Close blinds, shades and draperies facing the sun to keep the sun’s heat out and help fans and air conditioners cool more efficiently.
- Use ceiling fans set in the counter-clockwise position to feel cooler when in a room.
- Close doors leading to uncooled parts of your home. With central air, close off vents to unused rooms.
- Turn off everything you’re not using: lights, TVs, computers, etc. Use dimmers, timers and motion detectors on indoor and outdoor lighting.
- Delay heat-producing tasks such as washing and drying laundry or dishes until later in the day, and wait until load is full.
- Refrain from using nonessential appliances. Unplug or use only when necessary an extra refrigerator in your garage.
- If you should lose power, NEVER use a portable generator inside your home or in close proximity to a home, business or enclosed space. Proper ventilation is required. Improperly used generators can produce deadly carbon monoxide (CO), an odorless, tasteless gas that can cause headache, dizziness, nausea and other symptoms.
PJM, the regional grid operator, expects to have sufficient power supplies available to meet the increased demand for electricity. PSE&G expects today’s electric demand to reach 8,905 megawatts, with demand increasing tomorrow as temperatures are expected to rise into the mid-90s.
If you experience a power outage, please call PSE&G’s Customer Service line: 1-800-436-PSEG. If you are registered for My Account, you can also report power outages online. To do so, log in now or register. To report power outages via text message, and receive outage updates by text and email, sign up for MyAlerts.
During this extreme weather, you can also follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/psegdelivers