Daily Case Count 4/04 & Mayor’s MessagePosted on April 4, 2020
Health Department Update April 4, 2020
COVID-19 Case Count Report and Health Department Activities
The Montgomery Township Health Department (MTHD) reports that the case count in Montgomery remains at 25 and Rocky Hill remains at 2 as of April 4, 9 am. There is no change since yesterday. MTHD continues to operate in an emergency mode and urges the public to remain vigilant. Please visit www.health.montgomery.nj.us/covid19 for the most up-to-date daily case count and other guidance.
These numbers represent a snapshot in time, and will change daily or even hourly as new data comes in. This represents only laboratory-confirmed cases, and does not include people who are sick but unable to be tested. If you are experiencing cough and fever, you should isolate yourself from well family members, and stay home until 3 days after your symptoms resolve without medications. If your symptoms worsen, contact your health care provider for a telemedicine consultation. We continue to stress the importance of washing hands, maintaining social distancing, and staying home.
*****DISCLAIMER***** Reported numbers on this page may not match the figures provided on the Somerset County page. This is due to differences in reporting times.
DISEASE SURVEILLANCE and RESPONSE
- State of NJ is recruiting medical professionals to volunteer in the COVID-19 response. You can register at https://covid19.nj.gov/volunteer
- Our public health staff are monitoring the situation and working closely with the Montgomery Township Office of Emergency Management, the NJ Dept. of Health, regional health departments, health care facilities, long-term care facilities, and medical providers.
- Ongoing MTHD activities include:
- Operating information line for public inquiries and concerns
- Updating and sharing information via the covid19 webpage and Township channels
- Participating in briefings with local, state government agencies
- Investigating cases, tracing contacts, and identifying close contacts of cases
- Disseminating CDC and NJ Dept. of Health guidance documents to community stakeholders
- Governor’s Executive Order 107 directs all residents to stay at home until further notice in an effort to strengthen the existing social distancing measures in place. This order prohibits the gatherings of individuals, such as parties, celebrations, or other social events.
- Everyone should wear a mask when out in public. See our message on Thursday, April 2, which is now mirrored by the CDC.
- If you see individuals in town who are not practicing appropriate social distancing or are congregating, please report it to the Montgomery Township Police Department.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with soap and water
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Avoid touching your face
- Clean and disinfect objects and high-touch surfaces regularly
- Practice social distancing by staying six feet away from others and avoid unnecessary travel
- Stay away from people who are sick and stay home when you are sick
Stay home. Save Lives. Stop the spread.
If you have any questions or concerns, please call the Health Department COVID Line at (908) 533-9319
MAYOR’S LATEST VIDEO COMMUNICATION 4-03-20
Watch Mayor Sadaf Jaffer’s latest video communication regarding Montgomery Township’s strong response in facing the coronavirus pandemic. The video is linked below from our YouTube Channel’s COVID-19 playlist and may also be found on our Facebook page. Like Us! www.facebook.com/InMontgomeryNJ