Montgomery Twp. Recognized for Safety Measures during COVID-19Posted on September 4, 2020
Montgomery Township has continued to provide high quality public service in all its departments throughout the covid-19 health concern.
According to a bulletin this week from the Greater Mercer TMA, Montgomery Township has been recognized for our efforts to keep employees and residents safe. Among the efforts cited:
- Montgomery Township is providing Covid-19 Safety Kit for Each Employee, installed Plexiglass Shields in Place, conducting daily testing and questionnaire to ensure employee safety.
- The Township also implemented telecommuting and flexible scheduling for the employees and they are allowing public visitation by appointment only with testing prior to entry in building.
- And to keep the employees motivated and foster a sense of community, virtual Zoom meetings and celebrations are part of their ongoing efforts. Thank you Montgomery Township!
The Township remains committed to the health and safety of our residents, employees, and the general public throughout the current health emergency. We encourage everyone to conduct all business by non-contact methods, such as phone or email or virtual meeting, whenever possible. But if the scheduling of an in-person appointment is necessary, please see the following safety rules:
- Phone or email remain the preferred communication methods in order to protect everyone’s health. Contact information for all departments can be found on the departmental pages of the Twp. website or in The Montgomery Guide (PDF). The main municipal phone number is (908) 359-8211 Mon.-Fri. 8AM-4:30PM.
- All requests for in-person visits will be evaluated to determine their necessity or if other options are suitable. If needed, arrangements will be made for an appointment at a specific date and time.
- In the event of an in-person visit, each department will be responsible for pre-screening residents using a brief health questionnaire. The questionnaire contains basic contact questions related to COVID-19. See: https://twp.montgomery.nj.us/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/COVID-Public-Questionnaire_Fillable.pdf
- Visitors are asked to announce themselves by mobile phone upon arrival, if possible. The relevant staff member will meet them at the entrance at the appointed time. Each visitor will need to wear a facial covering and will have their temperature taken via no-touch thermometer prior to entering the building.