Montgomery Police Operations ModifiedPosted on March 14, 2020
Due to concerns with Covid- 19 (Coronavirus) the Montgomery Township Police Department will make changes to our normal operations. We ask that the public help us implement the following:
- If you or a household member are not feeling well, or displaying signs of illness, please notify the dispatcher when you call for Police service so responding Officers will be properly prepared to enter your home if necessary.
- Officers may ask to speak with you outside of your home to collect information needed to document your incident. Please do not be offended if they ask you to step outside.
- Officers will attempt to adhere to social distancing recommendations by maintaining at least a 6-foot distance from everyone when feasible.
- For general service calls officers may not respond to your residence and instead contact you by phone to take your report. Please ensure that you provide a good callback number to the dispatcher when you are reporting your incident.
- Please do not come to the Police Department or Municipal Building unless it’s absolutely necessary. If you need a copy of a Police report or need to file a report, it can likely be done by phone. The Municipal Offices are asking that anyone with business that requires a visit to only do so after calling in advance to make an appointment.
These changes are being implemented to minimize and or eliminate as many unnecessary contacts as possible to protect the health of our officers; as well as the health of the public.
These operational changes only apply to Non-Life-Threatening calls for service. In an emergent situation we can assure you that you will continue to receive the same rapid, highly professional level of service that we always provide.
We thank you for your understanding at this time and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause,
Source: Montgomery Twp. Police Dept., 3-13-20