May 7-13 is National Hurricane Preparedness WeekPosted on May 9, 2017
Prepare for Hurricanes Now
- Know what to do before, during, and after a hurricane.
- Prepare before hurricane season starts. Pacific hurricane season starts May 15 and Atlantic hurricane season starts June 1.
- Create an emergency communication plan with your family before a hurricane.
- Have emergency supplies in place at home, at work, and in the car.
- Check your insurance coverage, damages caused by flooding are not covered under normal homeowner’s insurance policies. Remember, its takes 30 days for flood insurance to kick in. Don’t wait until its too late.
- Know your local community’s evacuation plan and evacuation routes and how to receive alerts.
- Listen to local officials.
- Download the FEMA app to get weather alerts straight to your phone.
Source: FEMA Ready Campaign