IMPORTANT!! APPOINTMENTS NOW REQUIRED, NEW DATES/HOURS – PLEASE READ THIS FIRST (6-11-20, extended 9-09-20)
Please click above heading to read need-to-know information
To make an appointment, call (908) 359-8211
The Container Facility is for Montgomery Township residents only for the purpose of disposing of household items that are not recyclable, not hazardous waste and that cannot be collected by their trash hauler. A Montgomery Township Coupon is required of all Montgomery residents who wish to enter the facility.
Container Facility Coupon
A Montgomery Twp issued Container Facility Coupon is required to enter the Container Facility. The cost of a coupon is $40 and is good for Four (4) trips; there is no expiration date.
How to purchase a coupon:
- Download this Container Facility Application Form (also found on forms page) and mail it with your check to Montgomery Township Municipal Building, 2261 Rt. 206, Belle Mead, NJ 08502. The Coupon & Instructions with calendar will be mailed to you.
- Bring cash or check to the Montgomery Township Municipal Building Receptionist counter during normal business hours. Proof of residency will be required.
Important: Coupons are NOT available for purchase at the Container Facility. No one without a Coupon will be permitted into the Container Facility.
Container Facility Rules
(see also brochure link at right)
- The Container Facility is available to Montgomery Township Residents only.
- Utility trailers bigger than 4 ft. by 8 ft. are not allowed.
- Commercial vehicles or commercial trucks require a One-Time Special Permit.
- One-Time Special Permit enables residents to use a commercial vehicle at the Container Facility.
One-Time Special Permit enables residents to use a commercial vehicle at the Container Facility:
- The facility is available to Montgomery residents only.
- The fee is $40 and is for a one-time only per year occurrence.
- ALL materials must be listed on the One-Time Special Permit; only those materials listed will be accepted.
- The One-Time Special Permit must be presented upon entering the Container Facility or access will be denied.
Acceptable items include, but are not limited to the following list. Any questions, please call Public Works.
Designated Metal Items
A Coupon is not required for the following 3 categories:
Montgomery Township Residents have unlimited access to the Container Facility on the designated Container Facility days (see Calendar) for the sole purpose of discarding material in the following 3 categories.
- Brush / Branches – individual pieces cannot be larger than 4 inches in diameter and pieces cannot exceed 4 feet in length. Material must be free of fence posts and other wood products. No leaves or grass clippings.
- Used Motor Oil may be disposed of at the Container Facility and also disposed of through both the Somerset County Hazardous Waste Program. The containers used to transport motor oil are not recyclable and should be disposed of in your regular garbage according to Somerset County waste management guidelines. Do not leave such containers, full or empty, at the Container Facility.
- Designated Metal Items include hot water heaters, washers & dryers, refrigerators, air conditioners, dehumidifiers, grills, metal patio furniture, bedframes, wagons & lawn mowers.
If other material is included in addition to the above 3 categories, a coupon will be required to enter the Container Facility.
Unacceptable items include, but are not limited to the following list:
Montgomery Township adheres to all Somerset County Recycling guidelines.