FINANCIAL AIDE – Montgomery Township, Somerset County is seeking a part-time (20 hours/week) assistant for the Tax Collection / Finance Office in the Borough of Peapack & Gladstone. Responsibilities will include receiving and posting Tax payments, accounts receivable, maintenance of escrow/cash bond accounts, posting receipts from departments to accounting software and other miscellaneous duties as needed. Applicant must also have knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel), excellent verbal and written skills, be highly organized, attentive to details, customer service oriented, and have the ability to work independently and multi-task. Proficiency in Edmunds software is preferred. Through a shared services agreement, the incumbent will be a Montgomery Township employee but will be physically located at the Borough of Peapack & Gladstone, 1 School Street, Peapack, NJ 07977. If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at email@example.com or in person to the Township Administration Office, 2261 Route 206, Belle Mead, NJ 08502. EOE
Posted July 29, 2020
SEWER COLLECTION SYSTEMS EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Full-time position with benefits. This position will comply with Montgomery Township Sewer Utility/Department of Public Works Safety Programs and all Local, State and Federal safety requirements and regulations. Must maintain a good working relationship with other employees.
Responsible for maintenance of entire Township collection system including pump stations:
- Routine surveillance of collection system and pump stations,
- Responds to alarms at plants and pump stations,
- Operation of jet/vac truck, sludge tanker truck, and TV inspection equipment on a routine and emergency basis,
- Ability to work weekends on a rotational on-call basis with overtime scheduled,
- Repairs broken or leaking pipes or manholes,
- Uses portable flow monitoring devices and interprets data; maintains air-release valves; performs easement maintenance,
- Recognizes and alleviates potential problems; troubleshoots mechanical and electrical components,
- Understands the functions of all control panels and their relationship,
- Maintains records of system cleaning, inspections, and repairs,
- Works with other divisions of Public Works when needed and coordinates with fellow staff and other Township departments to make the best use of labor and equipment as required,
- Knowledgeable in work-area traffic safety, use of all job related forms of equipment, and proper communication with Township officials, residents, departments, and emergency services,
- Keeps informed of professional developments in the wastewater treatment field and maintains license Training Contact Hours (TCH’s) as per new Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) requirements.
Required Key Technical Skills and Knowledge and Experience: Candidates must have 1 to 3 years demonstrated experience working in Wastewater Treatment and/or Collection Systems; a high school diploma or equivalent. Uses common handheld tools, operates Township vehicles, backhoe and sewer cleaning truck, must be able to use power and pneumatic tools, drills, and basic electrical instruments.
Desired Skills and Knowledge: Able to perform basic laboratory procedures; train fellow personnel how to use the backhoe and sewer cleaning truck.
Desired Education, Certification, License: Collection Systems License (C1/C2). A Valid NJ Commercial Driver’s License Class B with Tanker Endorsement and NJ residency are required.
Physical Requirements: Ability, strength and stamina to perform labor-intensive work, adequate hearing and vision to perform essential functions of the position, ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate the English language, work is physically demanding with recurring visits to all facilities owned and/or operated by the Township, considerable walking, bending and climbing in order to get to equipment, tanks, pump stations, and other structures.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the Township Administration office, 2261 Route 206, Belle Mead, NJ, 08502. EOE.
Posted July 22, 2020
Building / Fire Subcode Official – Full time position with benefits package. This position performs all building and fire subcode duties as required under the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code. Incumbent works under the supervision and general direction of the Construction Official and is responsible for ensuring compliance with building and fire codes through inspections of work in progress and plan review; recommends departmental policies, develops programs and work objectives, and resolves difficult administrative and technical problems; assists in the oversight and/or performance of Building Inspector’s responsibilities. Candidate must have Building Subcode License (HHS required), and Fire Subcode License (HHS preferred).
The following job duties and responsibilities may be added or removed at the Township’s discretion:
- Regularly exercises technical judgement and discretion in performance of duties.
- Works under the supervision and general direction of the Construction Official.
- Enforces the building and fire laws, ordinances and codes relating to the construction of buildings within the township,
- Confers with and advises co-workers and superiors on technical and administrative problems,
- Performs plan reviews and inspections as per applicable State of New Jersey laws, ordinances and codes,
- Reviews for code compliance and proper detail level,
- Inspects the construction site for Code compliance, take appropriate action when discovering a Code violation, maintains record of inspection results on technical sections, informs Technical Assistant when final subcode approval is granted on a project,
- Calculates inspection fee (per device); records on On-going Inspection schedule,
- Prepares Notice of Violation and Order to Terminate (UCC-F211) in duplicate
- Writes clear, concise reports on plan review and inspection findings,
- Assists with phone and drop-in inquiries and inspection scheduling requests
- Assists in the oversight and/or performance of Building Inspector’s responsibilities
Required Education, Certification, License:
Building Subcode License (HHS required); fire Subcode License (HHS preferred)
Ability to perform approximately 10-15 site inspections of construction sites per day; ability to climb ladders and comfortable with heights, vision and hearing adequate to perform essential job functions, ability to speak and communicate clearly.
A valid NJ Driver’s License and NJ residency are required. If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at email@example.com or in person to the Township Administration office, 2261 Route 206, Belle Mead, NJ, 08502. Salary information furnished upon request. EOE.
PER DIEM REGISTERED NURSES (Click on title for flier) – Be a part of the Montgomery Twp. Health Dept.’s Community Surge Nursing Team! To apply or to find out more information, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org