SEWER PLANT OPERATOR II
Full-time position with benefits package. Under the direction and supervision of the Director of Wastewater Operations in Public Works, the Sewer Plant Operator II is responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of sewage treatment plants. Work is performed in accordance with procedures and policy guidelines set forth by the Superintendent of Public Works, or another appropriately designed supervisor to whom unusual events and emergencies are referred. Reports directly to the Director of Wastewater Operations, and may direct the work of other Montgomery Township Sewer Utility (MTSU) employees.
PER DIEM REGISTERED NURSES (Click on title for flier) – Be a part of the Montgomery Twp. Health Dept.’s Community Surge Nursing Team! To apply or to find out more information, please e-mail email@example.com
SEWER COLLECTION SYSTEMS EQUIPMENT OPERATOR
Full-time position with benefits. This position will comply with Montgomery Township Sewer Utility/Department of Public Works Safety Programs and all Local, State and Federal safety requirements and regulations. Must maintain a good working relationship with other employees.
Responsible for maintenance of entire Township collection system including pump stations:
- Routine surveillance of collection system and pump stations,
- Responds to alarms at plants and pump stations,
Full-time position with benefits package. Under the general direction of the Township Planning Director, the candidate provides oversight for the management of the community forest and open spaces in the Township of Montgomery. The work requires independent judgment and initiative and is performed with departmental and horticultural guidelines in coordination with the Public Works Department, Shade Tree Committee and Open Space Committee. This position directs the work of other employees and independent contractors.
Posted: January 21, 2020
PART-TIME ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR – CONSTRUCTION / CODE ENFORCEMENT
Under the direction of the Electrical Sub-Code Official and the Construction official, performs Electrical Inspections of all new electrical installation work as required by the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code within the Township for compliance with permitted plans, Local, State and Federal ordinances and law. Under direction will also perform occasional plan review in conformance with the UCC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs field inspections and plan review of all electrical installations in residential and commercial buildings for compliance with the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code and other applicable ordinances and laws;
- Performs electrical inspections in construction projects and existing buildings for conformance with the minimum safety standards under the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code and other applicable ordinances and laws;
- Performs occasional plan review for compliance with the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code;
- Interacts with local utilities provider to obtain power supply to new construction or as needed for improvements to existing structures;
- Prepares and serves violation notices, stop work orders and unsafe structure notices for the Electrical Sub-Code Official under direction of the Construction Official;
- Prepares reports on inspection results and logs results into computer system under the direction of the Electrical Sub-Code Official;
- At times, under the direction of the Electrical Sub-Code Official and/or Construction Official, will have to interact with architects, engineers, contractors and applicants to discuss and resolve, if possible, all issues related to building projects;
- Responds to requests for information from the general public under the direction of the Electrical Sub-Code Official;
- Will be required to learn all Departmental processes and policies for inspection requirements;
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- New Jersey Uniform Construction Code regulations;
- Electrical installation methods and materials;
- Basic understanding of normal office work programs including MS Office Suite
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
- Three (3) years’ experience as an inspector; or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities;
- ICS & HHS licenses.
- Electrical Sub-Code License;
- College coursework or degree in related field
- Ability to traverse uneven terrain of construction sites;
- Ability to climb a ladder, enter a sewer or water trench or excavation, stoop, kneel and or crawl;
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time;
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel or climb;
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds;
- Ability to perform approximately 8-12 inspections on construction sites per day;
- Vision and hearing adequate to perform essential job functions;
- Ability to speak clearly.
A valid NJ Driver’s License and NJ residency are required. If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the Township Administration office, 2261 Route 206, Belle Mead, NJ 08502. EOE.
Updated: October 8, 2019