PUBLIC SAFETY TECHNICIAN / IT SPECIALIST
FULL TIME POSITION WITH BENEFITS. This position is responsible for the efficient and effective computerization of the Police Department and for the performance of communication and telecommunication equipment in the department. The work is performed in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Police Director/Captain and the IT Director. This position works to support all technology platforms within the Police Department and the Township.
Required Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- PC Repair
- Office 365
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- CJIS Qualified preferred
Required Education, Certification, License:
- High School Diploma or GED
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Must be able to lift and move over 50lbs.
- Hearing and vision adequate to perform essential functions of position.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate the English language
- Effective 9/1/11, all employees of State and local government must reside in the State of NJ, unless exempted
- Must have a valid NJ Driver’s License.
- Must pass a thorough Background Investigation.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at email@example.com. Salary information furnished upon request. EOE.
Posted: June 14, 2021
LABORER – ROADS
Full-time position with benefits package; Monday –Friday work schedule. Performs varied type of manual and unskilled laboring work; may drive a truck in connection with laboring work as necessary. Candidate must have strength and stamina to perform physical labor-intensive work. Must possess a valid NJ Driver’s License as well as a high school diploma, or equivalent.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Starting salary is $17.47 per hour. EOE.
Posted: June 7, 2021
SENIOR FINANCE AIDE
The Township of Montgomery is seeking a full-time Senior Finance Aide to assist the Tax Collection / Finance Office in the Borough of Peapack & Gladstone. Through a shared services agreement, the incumbent will be a Township of Montgomery employee but will be physically located at the Borough of Peapack & Gladstone, 1 School Street, Peapack, NJ 07977.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving and posting Tax payments
- Calculates redemptions and liens
- Files State of NJ Senior and Veteran reports
- Organizes and prepares Borough for annual Tax Sale
- Manages accounts in lien status (posting fees, subsequent payments, redemptions, foreclosures)
- Maintains revenue and expenditure records, posting entries from supporting records, making adjusting entries, balancing against other records and preparing reports from such records
- Prepares and makes journal entries
- Responds to tax and billing questions
- Prepares and sends tax and sewer delinquent notices
- Assists in making copies, filing and other clerical duties
- Scans appropriate documents to journal entries and purchase orders
- Creates requisitions for department and processes purchase orders for payments
- Assists with the preparation of payroll and the issuance of vendor checks
- Creates bill lists
- Receives and accounts for monies received from other departments and maintains such records
- Verifies and posts to accounts in journals or computer files
- Creates deposits on monies received and transmits/sends to banking institution
- Reconciles and balances bank accounts
- May compile reports to show financial statistics
- Assists CFO with data for budget and other requests
- Other miscellaneous duties as needed
Required Key Technical Skills & Knowledge: Five years of full time experience in a Municipal Tax Collection office with previous experience in preparation and distribution of tax and sewer billings; Experience in filing of State Senior and Veteran reports; Good knowledge of NJ Taxation laws and procedures; Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, etc.), Excellent verbal and written skills, Highly organized, Attentive to details, Customer service oriented, and have the ability to work independently and multi-task. Proficiency in Edmunds software is preferred.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at email@example.com. Starting salary is $26.10 per hour. EOE
Posted: June 4, 2021
ENGINEERING POSITION – ONE OPENING, THREE OPTIONS
Montgomery Township intends to fill 1 of 3 F/T Engineering positions, based upon the applicants qualifications. See below for information on the 3 positions.
ENGINEERING AIDE – Full-time position with benefits package. Starting salary $25.41 per hour. Seeking a qualified professional to work under the direction of the Township Engineer. Performs limited but skilled engineering duties in connection with investigation, development and maintenance of engineering projects. Required knowledge and skills include the ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings, specifications and plans; good knowledge of Engineering practices, field surveying and drafting work; and capable of elementary mathematics. Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: observation of construction sites for compliance and reporting, ability to resolve problems that arise on construction sites, maintenance of department documents, providing assistance to Engineering Department staff with inspections, phone/office coverage, and miscellaneous tasks. Applicant must be capable of drafting professional quality plans and maps using AutoCAD (or equivalent), and must be proficient in MSOffice Suite. Other duties may be assigned as needed. An Associate’s Degree such as Civil Engineering Technology, a valid NJ Driver’s License, and NJ residency are required. It is desired that a candidate possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university, a Municipal Engineering Construction Inspector certificate, a NJDEP Certified Stormwater Inspector certificate, and fundamental knowledge of GIS systems. If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
STAFF ENGINEER – Full-time position with benefits package. Starting salary $65,053.00 per year. Perform complex technical, administrative, and civil engineering work involved with the design of a variety of public improvement projects and facilities. Assists the Township Engineer and the Assistant Township Engineer in the planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, designing, preparing, completing, and maintaining of various civil engineering projects including roads, non-vehicular facilities, recreation amenities, bridges, wastewater, and storm drainage systems. Assists in the preparation of engineering plans, designs, and specifications with in-house or consultant staff. Reviews public and private land use permit applications for residential and commercial development. Two (2) years of related Civil Engineering work experience, or equivalent, are required. Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D design and drafting plans required. Fundamental knowledge of ERSI GIS systems desired. Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university required. Engineer in Training Certificate and Active New Jersey Professional Land Surveyor or Professional Planner License desired. A valid NJ Driver’s License and NJ residency are required. If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at email@example.com. EOE.
CHIEF ENGINEERING AIDE – Full Time position with benefits. Starting salary $72,206.00 per year. Under the direction and supervision of the Township Engineer the Chief Engineering Aide will perform sub-professional engineering duties in connection with investigation, development and maintenance of engineering projects, administrative work, direction and supervision of comprehensive, in-house engineering functions. The Chief Engineering Aide will assist with supervision and scheduling of Engineering Aides and Sr. Engineering Aides; assist with street opening applications, Soil Disturbance applications, Soil Hauling Applications, Driveway Opening applications under the supervision of the Township Engineer and Assistant Township Engineer; inspect construction work associated with Street Opening permits such as driveway aprons & drainage connections to stormwater system; prepare development bond estimates, determine inspection fees, monitor status of bonds, review bond reductions/releases, and perform administrative duties related to land development projects; perform observes & monitors construction & project sites for compliance, prepares field reports, reviews invoices, negotiates change orders, certifies payments, conducts field meetings and performs other construction management duties; inspect other various projects when directed by the Township Engineer and Assistant Township Engineer; gather information for various complaints & projects and reports findings to the Township Engineer or Assistant Township Engineer; inspect sidewalk complaints, report to Township Engineer or Assistant Township Engineer, maintain complaint list and arrange for repairs; assist with sewer fee appeal review and water meter report management; help resolve issues with Zoning Officer and Landscape Architect as necessary; review problems in field and advise on appropriate corrective measures; provide customer service to residents and the general public. Required experience/skills/knowledge include: 5 years of related Civil Engineering work experience, or equivalent; good knowledge of engineering principles and practices and field survey and drafting work; good knowledge of mathematics; ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and plans; able to read & understand the Township engineering codes and ordinances and relay the meaning to residents; computer knowledge and skills including understanding of AutoCAD or similar program and Microsoft Office. Desired but not required experience/skills/knowledge include: municipal engineering experience preferred; progressively responsible experience in civil engineering in the design, maintenance & construction of projects; knowledge of the purpose and methods of performing field surveys and preparing survey or as-built drawings; fundamental knowledge of GIS systems. Education/Certification/License required: Associate Degree in engineering technology, geography, cartography, or equivalent from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience. Education/Certification/License desired: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Surveying, Geography, Cartography, Information Technology, or related field from an accredited college or university; Municipal Engineering Construction Inspector; NJDEP Certified Stormwater Inspector; Engineer in Training Certificate. A valid NJ Driver’s License and NJ residency are required. If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
Posted: June 4, 2021
ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR – Part-Time
Part-Time position, up to 19 hours a week. Under the direction of the Electrical Sub-Code Official and the Construction Official, performs Electrical Inspections of all new electrical installation work as required by the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code within the Township of Montgomery for compliance with permitted plan, Local, State and Federal ordinances and law. Under direction will also perform occasional plan review in conformance with the UCC. Responds to requests for information from the general public under the direction of the Electrical Sub-Code Official.
Required Education/License: ICS and HHS Licenses; High School Diploma or equivalent.
Three (3) years’ experience as an inspector, or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
A valid NJ Driver’s License and NJ Residency are required.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at email@example.com. EOE
Posted: June 4, 2021
Full-time position with benefits. This position performs a variety of standard methods for testing wastewater, sludge and related waters and solids for the Sewer Utilities Laboratory. This position will comply with the Township of Montgomery’s Sewer Utility/Department of Public Works Safety Programs and all Local, State and Federal safety requirements and regulations. Must maintain a good working relationship with other employees.
Examples of work include, but are not limited to:
– Performs standardized tests for all Montgomery Township’s Wastewater Treatment Plants.
– Perform and coordinate all day-to-day wastewater laboratories activity.
– QA/QC on all instruments used in regulatory reporting. Maintain all instruments.
– Prepare annual schedule for sampling to meet the Permit criteria for all (4) plants
– Determine sampling bottle needs for the Contract Laboratory.
– Prepare Outside Laboratory contract in cooperation with the Purchasing Agent
– Order supplies as needed.
– Prepare annual budget for laboratory chemicals/equipment and plants testing.
– Carry out annual Proficiency Testing as required by NJDEP for Laboratory Certification.
– Maintain composite samplers in conjunction with Plant Operators.
– Oversee Operators and staff that carry out any of the regulatory testing.
– Coordinate with the Plant Operators and the Contract Laboratory for the proper sampling for regular monthly, semi-annual, annual sampling as well as SQAR and Bioassay sampling for all plants.
– Distribute data to Plant Operators for DMR preparation.
– Assist Operators by running operational tests as time allows.
– Recognize possible operational problems based on laboratory results and notify plant operators.
Required Key Technical Skills and Knowledge and Experience:
– Knowledge of the principles of qualitative and quantitative chemistry, mathematics and biology.
– Working knowledge of laboratory techniques, equipment, terminology and procedures.
– Ability to perform standardized tests quickly and accurately as well as analyze and interpret results.
– Ability to understand and execute oral and written instructions and the ability to record test results, keep accurate records and prepare analytical reports.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
– Chemical Hygiene Officer
– Right to Know Coordinator
Required Education, Certification, License:
– Bachelor Degree in Biological, Environmental Science or Chemistry with the minimum of 1 year laboratory experience or Associate Degree with at least 3 years laboratory experience.
– Prior experience in wastewater treatment facility is preferred.
Physical ability, strength and stamina to perform work as required. Adequate hearing and vision to perform essential functions of the position. Ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate the English language.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the Township Administration office, 2261 Route 206, Belle Mead, NJ, 08502. EOE.
Posted: May 26, 2021
PUBLIC SAFETY TECHNICIAN / IT SPECIALIST
UCC FIRE INSPECTOR – Part time position, 20-24 hours/week; responsible for enforcement of the uniform construction code. This position will ensure buildings are in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards. Candidate must have Fire Inspector UCC License; HHS Fire Subcode/Inspector.
The following job duties and responsibilities may be added or removed at the Township’s discretion:
- Assist the Fire Subcode Official with new construction,
- Identify corrective actions necessary to bring properties into compliance with applicable fire codes, laws, regulations, and standards, and explain these measures to property owners or their representatives,
- Conduct fire code compliance follow-ups to ensure that corrective actions have been taken in cases where violations were found,
- Write detailed reports of fire inspections performed, fire code violations observed, and corrective recommendations offered,
- Review blueprints and plans for new or remodeled buildings in order to ensure the structures meet fire safety codes,
- Present and explain fire code requirements and fire prevention information to architects, contractors, attorneys, engineers, developers, fire service personnel, and the general public,
- Testify in court regarding fire code and fire safety issues,
- Arrange for the replacement of and or repair of fire alarm and sprinkler systems, making minor repairs such as servicing fire extinguishers when feasible
- Assist with phone and walk-in requests for fire inspections or questions related to fire plan review,
- Operate a township issued Emergency Response Vehicle,
- The job duties, responsibilities, skills and descriptions herein are not comprehensive. Duties may be added or removed at the Township’s discretion
Education, Certification, License:
Required: UCC / HHS Fire Subcode/Inspector
Desired: DFS Fire Inspector Certification a plus
Ability to perform inspections per UCC
A valid NJ Driver’s License and NJ residency are required. If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at email@example.com or in person to the Township Administration office, 2261 Route 206, Belle Mead, NJ, 08502. Salary information furnished upon request. EOE.
Posted August 19, 2020
PER DIEM REGISTERED NURSES (Click on title for flier) – Be a part of the Montgomery Twp. Health Dept.’s Community Surge Nursing Team! To apply or to find out more information, please e-mail Katie Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org or Victoria Wang: email@example.com.