LABORER / PARKS DIVISION
Full-Time position available with Full Benefits. Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks including manual labor and some operation of automotive and power-driven equipment, in the maintenance of roads, drainage systems, sewer systems, sewage treatment plants, parks and public areas and buildings; does other related duties as required. Physical requirements include strength and stamina to perform labor intensive work. Works under the direct supervision of a Foreman, or other appropriately designated supervisor, who lays out the details of specific assignments or establishes routine procedures which are followed. Works overtime as required. Must be available for snowplowing and salting, as required. Must possess a valid NJ Driver’s License as well as a HS Diploma, or equivalent.
Send resume & letter of interest to Tamarah Novak at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, Township of Montgomery Administration Office, 2261 Route 206, Belle Mead, NJ 08502. Montgomery Township is an EOE.
Posted March 23, 2021
PUBLIC SAFETY TECHNICIAN / IT SPECIALIST
FULL TIME POSITION WITH BENEFITS. This position involves responsibility for developing and maintaining, in a current status, the Emergency Management Plan for the Township of Montgomery, subject to the approval of the Emergency Management Coordinator, and coordinating the activities of the local Emergency Planning Committee and Hazardous Materials Committee. The individual also coordinates and is responsible for the efficient and effective computerization of the Police Department and for the performance of communication and telecommunication equipment in the department. The work is performed in accordance with policies and procedures established by the Police Director-Captain/Emergency Management Coordinator. Acts as a Liaison to other Emergency Service organization.
This position works to support all technology platforms within the Police Department and the Office of Emergency Management. The Public Safety Technician / IT Specialist also serves as one of the Deputy Emergency Management Coordinators.
Required Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- PC Repair
- Office 365
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- CJIS Qualified preferred
- Emergency Management experience preferred
Required Education, Certification, License:
- High School Diploma or GED
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. Must be able to lift and move over 50lbs.
- Hearing and vision adequate to perform essential functions of position.
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand and communicate the English language
- Effective 9/1/11, all employees of State and local government must reside in the State of NJ, unless exempted.
- Must have a valid NJ Driver’s License.
- Must pass a thorough Background Investigation.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at email@example.com. Salary information furnished upon request. EOE.
Posted February 26, 2021
UCC FIRE INSPECTOR – Part time position, 20-24 hours/week; responsible for enforcement of the uniform construction code. This position will ensure buildings are in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards. Candidate must have Fire Inspector UCC License; HHS Fire Subcode/Inspector.
The following job duties and responsibilities may be added or removed at the Township’s discretion:
- Assist the Fire Subcode Official with new construction,
- Identify corrective actions necessary to bring properties into compliance with applicable fire codes, laws, regulations, and standards, and explain these measures to property owners or their representatives,
- Conduct fire code compliance follow-ups to ensure that corrective actions have been taken in cases where violations were found,
- Write detailed reports of fire inspections performed, fire code violations observed, and corrective recommendations offered,
- Review blueprints and plans for new or remodeled buildings in order to ensure the structures meet fire safety codes,
- Present and explain fire code requirements and fire prevention information to architects, contractors, attorneys, engineers, developers, fire service personnel, and the general public,
- Testify in court regarding fire code and fire safety issues,
- Arrange for the replacement of and or repair of fire alarm and sprinkler systems, making minor repairs such as servicing fire extinguishers when feasible
- Assist with phone and walk-in requests for fire inspections or questions related to fire plan review,
- Operate a township issued Emergency Response Vehicle,
- The job duties, responsibilities, skills and descriptions herein are not comprehensive. Duties may be added or removed at the Township’s discretion
Education, Certification, License:
Required: UCC / HHS Fire Subcode/Inspector
Desired: DFS Fire Inspector Certification a plus
Ability to perform inspections per UCC
A valid NJ Driver’s License and NJ residency are required. If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the Township Administration office, 2261 Route 206, Belle Mead, NJ, 08502. Salary information furnished upon request. EOE.
Posted August 19, 2020
PER DIEM REGISTERED NURSES (Click on title for flier) – Be a part of the Montgomery Twp. Health Dept.’s Community Surge Nursing Team! To apply or to find out more information, please e-mail email@example.com