LABORER / PARKS DIVISION – Full-Time position available with Full Benefits. Performs a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks including manual labor and some operation of automotive and power-driven equipment, in the maintenance of roads, drainage systems, sewer systems, sewage treatment plants, parks and public areas and buildings; does other related duties as required. Physical requirements include strength and stamina to perform labor intensive work. Works under the direct supervision of a Foreman, or other appropriately designated supervisor, who lays out the details of specific assignments or establishes routine procedures which are followed. Works overtime as required. Must be available for snowplowing and salting, as required. Must possess a valid NJ Driver’s License as well as a HS Diploma, or equivalent.
Send resume & letter of interest to Tamarah Novak at email@example.com. Montgomery Township is an EOE.
Posted: August 31, 2021
FULL TIME POSITION WITH BENEFITS. Under the direction and supervision of the Planning Director and working closely with other department staff, the Zoning Officer performs the duties as dictated by the Montgomery Township Land Development Ordinance Chapter 16, including review of all zoning permits, Planning and Zoning Board resolutions for compliance, and land use laws of the Township Code.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform duties of the Zoning Officer as dictated by the Municipal Land Use Law.
- Administer and enforce the zoning provisions of the Township’s Land Development Ordinance and Zoning Map.
- Perform duties as Board Secretary to the Zoning Board of Adjustment.
- Issue zoning permits and interpret the zoning code.
- Review building permits and other applications for compliance with zoning ordinances.
- Respond to information requests from the public, residents, government agencies and developers.
- Conduct field inspections to ensure compliance with zoning regulations and respond to complaints or allegations of non-compliance. Take necessary enforcement action including written notifications, issuance of summons and possible testimony in court.
- Provide zoning guidance and advice to Township boards and committees, including coordinating with business liaisons such as the Municipal Business Association (MBA) and Economic Development Committee (EDC).
- Attend meetings as directed by the Planning Director, including night meetings.
- Assist with the periodic preparation and/or revision of the master plan, land development ordinance and other related planning documents.
- Write technical reports and memorandums regarding planning and zoning issues.
- Review and provide written evaluations of development applications.
- Direct the establishment and maintenance of essential zoning records and files.
- Track and/or deposit money received by Zoning.
- Attend occasional after-hours matters related to zoning enforcement
- The decisions and actions of the Planning Department impact the operations and work of other departments including but not limited to Code Enforcement, Engineering, Health, Recreation, Public Works, Finance and Tax Assessor. As such the Zoning Officer must be able to communicate, coordinate, and cooperate with these departments on a regular basis.
- Perform other related functions as deemed necessary and appropriate by the Planning Director.
Required Key Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- A minimum of two years of comprehensive experience with or for a municipal or county planning agency plus one year of code enforcement experience.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
- Knowledge of provisions of the zoning ordinance after a period of training.
- Ability to analyze and interpret the zoning ordinance for compliance with zoning permit applications and requests. Ability to prepare clear, sound, accurate, and informative reports containing findings, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Ability to work with people under adverse conditions to remedy violations and achieve compliance with zoning regulations.
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate with management, supervisors and coworkers with professionalism.
- Ability to understand survey, plot plans and perform basic office duties.
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook and ability to learn zoning and other software packages.
Required Education, Certification, License:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Planning or Public Administration or closely related field.
- New Jersey Zoning Official Certificate preferred
- Effective 9/1/11, all employees of State and local government must reside in the State of NJ, unless exempted
- Must have a valid NJ Driver’s License.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary information furnished upon request. EOE.
ENGINEERING POSITION – ONE OPENING, THREE OPTIONS
Montgomery Township intends to fill 1 of 3 F/T Engineering positions, based upon the applicants qualifications. See below for information on the 3 positions.
ENGINEERING AIDE – Full-time position with benefits package. Starting salary $25.41 per hour. Seeking a qualified professional to work under the direction of the Township Engineer. Performs limited but skilled engineering duties in connection with investigation, development and maintenance of engineering projects. Required knowledge and skills include the ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings, specifications and plans; good knowledge of Engineering practices, field surveying and drafting work; and capable of elementary mathematics. Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to: observation of construction sites for compliance and reporting, ability to resolve problems that arise on construction sites, maintenance of department documents, providing assistance to Engineering Department staff with inspections, phone/office coverage, and miscellaneous tasks. Applicant must be capable of drafting professional quality plans and maps using AutoCAD (or equivalent), and must be proficient in MSOffice Suite. Other duties may be assigned as needed. An Associate’s Degree such as Civil Engineering Technology, a valid NJ Driver’s License, and NJ residency are required. It is desired that a candidate possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university, a Municipal Engineering Construction Inspector certificate, a NJDEP Certified Stormwater Inspector certificate, and fundamental knowledge of GIS systems. If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at email@example.com. EOE.
STAFF ENGINEER – Full-time position with benefits package. Starting salary $65,053.00 per year. Perform complex technical, administrative, and civil engineering work involved with the design of a variety of public improvement projects and facilities. Assists the Township Engineer and the Assistant Township Engineer in the planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, designing, preparing, completing, and maintaining of various civil engineering projects including roads, non-vehicular facilities, recreation amenities, bridges, wastewater, and storm drainage systems. Assists in the preparation of engineering plans, designs, and specifications with in-house or consultant staff. Reviews public and private land use permit applications for residential and commercial development. Two (2) years of related Civil Engineering work experience, or equivalent, are required. Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D design and drafting plans required. Fundamental knowledge of ERSI GIS systems desired. Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university required. Engineer in Training Certificate and Active New Jersey Professional Land Surveyor or Professional Planner License desired. A valid NJ Driver’s License and NJ residency are required. If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE.
CHIEF ENGINEERING AIDE – Full Time position with benefits. Starting salary $72,206.00 per year. Under the direction and supervision of the Township Engineer the Chief Engineering Aide will perform sub-professional engineering duties in connection with investigation, development and maintenance of engineering projects, administrative work, direction and supervision of comprehensive, in-house engineering functions. The Chief Engineering Aide will assist with supervision and scheduling of Engineering Aides and Sr. Engineering Aides; assist with street opening applications, Soil Disturbance applications, Soil Hauling Applications, Driveway Opening applications under the supervision of the Township Engineer and Assistant Township Engineer; inspect construction work associated with Street Opening permits such as driveway aprons & drainage connections to stormwater system; prepare development bond estimates, determine inspection fees, monitor status of bonds, review bond reductions/releases, and perform administrative duties related to land development projects; perform observes & monitors construction & project sites for compliance, prepares field reports, reviews invoices, negotiates change orders, certifies payments, conducts field meetings and performs other construction management duties; inspect other various projects when directed by the Township Engineer and Assistant Township Engineer; gather information for various complaints & projects and reports findings to the Township Engineer or Assistant Township Engineer; inspect sidewalk complaints, report to Township Engineer or Assistant Township Engineer, maintain complaint list and arrange for repairs; assist with sewer fee appeal review and water meter report management; help resolve issues with Zoning Officer and Landscape Architect as necessary; review problems in field and advise on appropriate corrective measures; provide customer service to residents and the general public. Required experience/skills/knowledge include: 5 years of related Civil Engineering work experience, or equivalent; good knowledge of engineering principles and practices and field survey and drafting work; good knowledge of mathematics; ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, specifications and plans; able to read & understand the Township engineering codes and ordinances and relay the meaning to residents; computer knowledge and skills including understanding of AutoCAD or similar program and Microsoft Office. Desired but not required experience/skills/knowledge include: municipal engineering experience preferred; progressively responsible experience in civil engineering in the design, maintenance & construction of projects; knowledge of the purpose and methods of performing field surveys and preparing survey or as-built drawings; fundamental knowledge of GIS systems. Education/Certification/License required: Associate Degree in engineering technology, geography, cartography, or equivalent from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience. Education/Certification/License desired: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Surveying, Geography, Cartography, Information Technology, or related field from an accredited college or university; Municipal Engineering Construction Inspector; NJDEP Certified Stormwater Inspector; Engineer in Training Certificate. A valid NJ Driver’s License and NJ residency are required. If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at email@example.com. EOE.
Posted: June 4, 2021
ELECTRICAL INSPECTOR – Part-Time
Part-Time position, up to 19 hours a week. Under the direction of the Electrical Sub-Code Official and the Construction Official, performs Electrical Inspections of all new electrical installation work as required by the New Jersey Uniform Construction Code within the Township of Montgomery for compliance with permitted plan, Local, State and Federal ordinances and law. Under direction will also perform occasional plan review in conformance with the UCC. Responds to requests for information from the general public under the direction of the Electrical Sub-Code Official.
Required Education/License: ICS and HHS Licenses; High School Diploma or equivalent.
Three (3) years’ experience as an inspector, or equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
A valid NJ Driver’s License and NJ Residency are required.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
Posted: June 4, 2021
UCC FIRE INSPECTOR – Part time position, 20-24 hours/week; responsible for enforcement of the uniform construction code. This position will ensure buildings are in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards. Candidate must have Fire Inspector UCC License; HHS Fire Subcode/Inspector.
The following job duties and responsibilities may be added or removed at the Township’s discretion:
- Assist the Fire Subcode Official with new construction,
- Identify corrective actions necessary to bring properties into compliance with applicable fire codes, laws, regulations, and standards, and explain these measures to property owners or their representatives,
- Conduct fire code compliance follow-ups to ensure that corrective actions have been taken in cases where violations were found,
- Write detailed reports of fire inspections performed, fire code violations observed, and corrective recommendations offered,
- Review blueprints and plans for new or remodeled buildings in order to ensure the structures meet fire safety codes,
- Present and explain fire code requirements and fire prevention information to architects, contractors, attorneys, engineers, developers, fire service personnel, and the general public,
- Testify in court regarding fire code and fire safety issues,
- Arrange for the replacement of and or repair of fire alarm and sprinkler systems, making minor repairs such as servicing fire extinguishers when feasible
- Assist with phone and walk-in requests for fire inspections or questions related to fire plan review,
- Operate a township issued Emergency Response Vehicle,
- The job duties, responsibilities, skills and descriptions herein are not comprehensive. Duties may be added or removed at the Township’s discretion
Education, Certification, License:
Required: UCC / HHS Fire Subcode/Inspector
Desired: DFS Fire Inspector Certification a plus
Ability to perform inspections per UCC
A valid NJ Driver’s License and NJ residency are required. If you would like to be considered, please submit your letter of interest and resume to Tamarah Novak, Personnel Coordinator, at email@example.com or in person to the Township Administration office, 2261 Route 206, Belle Mead, NJ, 08502. Salary information furnished upon request. EOE.
Posted August 19, 2020
PER DIEM REGISTERED NURSES (Click on title for flier) – Be a part of the Montgomery Twp. Health Dept.’s Community Surge Nursing Team! To apply or to find out more information, please e-mail Katie Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org or Victoria Wang: email@example.com.