Adopt-a-Family by Sat., Nov. 17Posted on November 13, 2018
Adopt-A-Family Program to Aid Needy Residents
Donations Sought to Provide Thanksgiving Meals
The ninth annual Adopt-A-Family program will help provide Thanksgiving meals for needy families, and extended thanks to the hundreds of donors who have given generously in prior years. The 2018 donation form can be found at http://bit.ly/2018AdoptAFamily
“We often hear that people want to help others within their own community,” she said. “This is a perfect way for residents to earmark donations to help feed needy families in their own or neighboring towns.” The program has collected $115,255 in donations since its inception in 2010.
The estimated cost of a Thanksgiving meal is $40. Anyone wishing to donate may send a check to any of the following local programs:
- Food Bank Network of Somerset County, P.O. Box 149, Bound Brook, NJ 08805
- Franklin Food Bank, P.O. Box 333, Somerset, NJ 08875-0333
- Feeding Hands Inc., Emmanuel Church, 100 Grant Ave., Somerville, NJ 08876
- Hillsborough Food Pantry, Attn: Social Services Department, 379 South Branch Road, Hillsborough, NJ 08844
- Reformed Church of Bound Brook, P.O. Box 347, South Bound Brook, NJ 08880
- SHIP – Samaritan Homeless Interim Program, 87 E. High St., Somerville, NJ 08876
Donations should be postmarked by Saturday, Nov. 17, in order to reach the organizations in time for the Thanksgiving holiday.
On the memo line of your check, write Adopt-A-Family and the name of the town where you wish your donation to go. If $40 is difficult for you, any amount will be gratefully accepted. The Food Bank Network, SHIP and Feeding Hands Inc. serve residents throughout Somerset County; the Franklin and Hillsborough programs primarily serve residents within those respective towns; and the Reformed Church serves both Bound Brook and South Bound Brook.
For more information, call the Food Bank Network at (732) 560-1813, the Franklin Food Bank at (732) 246-0009, Feeding Hands Inc. at (908) 397-6452, the Hillsborough Social Services Department at (908) 369-3880, the Reformed Church of Bound Brook at (732) 356-9345 or SHIP at (908) 393-9545. Go to http://bit.ly/2018AdoptAFamily to complete and print the donation form.
Source: Somerset County Office of Public Information