11-1: How to Vote on Election Day Tomorrow, Election Results & Security, Today’s Case CountPosted on November 2, 2020
TODAY’S COVID-19 CASE SUMMARY
There have been eight (6) new cases in Montgomery/Rocky Hill since our last report Wednesday, 10-30-20. Full report at the end of this e-bulletin.
Tomorrow Is Election Day: How to Vote
Because of the pandemic, New Jersey’s Election Day tomorrow will be different from any previous election. There will be no Election Day voting by machine—except for people with certain disabilities—per New Jersey state order.
Every registered voter was mailed a mail ballot. If you have not yet returned your ballot yet, you have these choices on Election Day:
- Today or tomorrow until 8pm, deposit your mail ballot at one of 13 red, white, and blue ballot drop boxes in Somerset County. There is a ballot box located at top of the front steps of the Montgomery Township Municipal Building at 2261 US-206 in Belle Mead. This box will be available to receive ballots from any voter in Somerset County until 8pm on Election Day, November 3rd.
- Bring your mail ballot to your designated polling location from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. where you will be able to drop it off. The four polling locations in Montgomery are provided below.
- Bring your mail ballot to the Somerset County Administration Building at 20 Grove Street in Somerville where assistance is being provided to people requesting it.
- You may still put your mail ballot in the US Mail, but make sure it will be postmarked no later than November 3, 2020. It will be counted provided it is received by the County Clerk by 8:00 p.m. on November 10th. Ballots without a postmark that are received within 48 hours of the closing of polls on November 3, 2020 shall also be considered valid.
If you are registered to vote but do not have a mail ballot, you may vote at your designated polling place in Montgomery using a provisional paper ballot, unless you have a disability that qualifies you to use a voting machine. Provisional ballots will be counted last, after the Board of Elections has been able to verify voters have cast only one ballot. These are the Montgomery polling locations (It may not be your traditional voting location):
- Central Jersey Masonic Center, 345 Kingston-River Road, Princeton (Dist. 1, 13, 18)
- Otto Kaufman Community Center, 356 Skillman Road, Skillman (Dist. 2-4, 16, 19)
- Montgomery Evangelical Free Church, 246 Griggstown Road, Belle Mead (Dist. 5, 6, 10-12, 17)
- Montgomery Township Municipal Building, 2261 Route 206, Belle Mead (Dist. 7- 9, 14, 15)
Election Results and Security
Ballot counting is overseen by the Somerset County Board of Elections which includes representatives of both major parties in conjunction with the County Clerk to ensure a fair and accurate count. To learn more about the voting process, watch this video interview with Montgomery Township Clerk Donna Kukla.
Preliminary and unofficial results will be available online on the County Clerk’s website starting on the evening of Tuesday, November 3. The counts must be completed by the Board of Elections on Friday, November 20 and the Clerk by Monday, November 23 and certified that day by the Clerk. Be aware that election results from throughout the country will also take time to be certified.
Residents are reminded that campaign activities or paraphernalia are not permitted within 100 feet of polling locations. Voter intimidation or obstruction will not be tolerated. A peaceful Election Day is anticipated in Montgomery Township, but the Montgomery Police Department will be available should the Township Clerk’s office or volunteer poll workers require assistance.
Additional Voter Resources
Still have questions? The following resources are available to you:
- Track Your Submitted Ballot to confirm the status of your previously submitted ballot.
- If your ballot is lost or damaged, you can request a replacement ballot in the atrium of the Somerset County Administration Building at 20 Grove Street in Somerville from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m today and on Election day from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. Masks and social distancing required. This is also a ballot drop box location. More at Somerset County Clerk Request Duplicate Ballot.
- You can look up your District Number and Polling Location at: https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/polling-place-search
- The county clerk has issued answers to a list of Frequently Asked Questions. Get answers by clicking on the questions below:
If you still have election questions after reading the FAQs, the fastest way to get answers is to use the County’s SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS online form. The County Clerk’s Office will answer within one business day.
(Above FAQs are posted on the Montgomery Twp. website for your convenience, sourced from “The Somerset County 2020 General Elections Guide.”)
TODAY’S COVID-19 FULL CASE REPORT
There have been six (6) new cases in Montgomery/Rocky Hill since our last report, Wednesday, 10-30-20.
As of 9AM today, November 2
Montgomery cases: 233
Montgomery deaths: 7
Rocky Hill cases: 6
Rocky Hill deaths: 0
Age Ranges of Cases in Montgomery & Rocky Hill:
239 confirmed and probable cases for Montgomery and Rocky Hill in total, of which:
- 206 presumed recovered
- 6 currently ill
- 7 fatalities
a “Presumed recovered” means 30 days have elapsed since individual’s diagnosis and the person is not hospitalized.
Testing Site info found at: https://health.montgomery.nj.us/covid-testing/